foose!!

 
George Sand
Il n'y a qu'un bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'être aimé.
Deutéronome 7:13 BDS
13 Il vous aimera, vous bénira, vous rendra nombreux, et il bénira vos enfants, il vous bénira par tout ce que produiront vos terres: votre blé, votre vin nouveau, votre huile fraîche, et en accroissant les portées de votre gros et de votre petit bétail sur la terre qu'il a promis par serment à vos ancêtres de vous donner.
Psaume 31:7 BDS
7 Je les hais, tous ceux qui s'attachent à des idoles de néant; je me confie en l'Eternel.
John Doe in the darkness
Sunday, August 9, 2009
I was sitting in church today, listening to the sermon (very good one, may I add) and it suddenly struck me :

I have to go to church with a separate bunch of people because they can't see how I live my day-to-day life.


Since coming to California, I have come to realise that my best friends in Sydney and Canberra are usually from the church. My first friends have been those from the church. Most of my friends have always been Christian.

But here, in San Diego, it hasn't. Why?

Perhaps it's because I came here with someone I know. I wasn't thrown into a brand new environment without knowing anyone. I didn't need to go all out and look for a support peer group... I already had someone that I was comfortable with! And that made going to church with this friend who knows so much about me outside church odd.

He knows the compartment or segment that never saw the fervent Christian side. It was the school-side. It was the work-side. Whatever. And so, I just didn't throw myself into church activities or youth or cell groups this year. Do I miss it? For sure!

And so I was thinking... perhaps this is why other Christians find it hard to witness to their closest family, their closest friends, their spouses, their children...etc. These people know their lives outside the church. They know how the person in question react to tough circumstances. They know the words that person in question uses. They know the person in question's body language. They know how the person in question works, studies, plays, network.

They know everything the person in question does outside the shadow and comfort of the church. It is literally -

I know what you do in the dark. You are part of the darkness too.


For that reason, it makes it harder for the Christian to minister to their close ones. They know that they are imperfect, and they know that these close ones sees it and have seen it. It is often the question of "How can I be a light in the darkness?" And sometimes we forget, it is not our light, but God's light that shines through us. We are but vessels of God's work. It is however, also wrong for us to assume that we don't have to work on our part too. It's partnership. Stewardship. Responsibility. And love that drives us.

This is the cycle, this is the fear, this is the doubt that all Christians need to break. This is something I need to break.

For God can use even the most broken of pots.
posted by cheesy-pops @ 3:20 PM  
1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: cheesy-pops
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 foose!! Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures